Friday, July 17, 2009

I Just Did Something Liberating




I'm Melissa full time at home and around my property, but until now I haven't ventured off the property in daylight as Melissa. All of the mail boxes for this little country subdivision, are out on the main highway, in front of the entrance to the place. To get to my mail box, I have to drive about a quarter of a mile up the hill, past a half a dozen houses. I knew by the time of day, that the mail had been delivered, and I wanted to go get it, because I was expecting a new wig in the mail today. The trouble was, I was wearing a cute little white top with puff sleeves (pictured at left) and a pair of pink denim shorts. It had just rained and I didn't think anyone would be out and about, so I decided to go for it. I walked out and hopped into the truck, and up the road I went. About half way up, I spotted the mail lady driving down the road towards me. She was entering the subdivision to deliver someone a package, that was too big to fit in the box. She knows me as my male self, and at first I was afraid she was going to recognize me, but I checked myself pretty good before I went out, and was satisfied that I looked pretty good, at least from a distance, so I just continued to drive past her. She didn't seem fazed at all. On the way back from the mail box, I passed her again, and once again, no strange looks. It's been 30 years since I have gone out in daylight as Melissa. I know this wasn't much, but I was feeling pretty low for the past 24 hours, and that made me feel pretty darned good!

6 comments:

chrissieB said...

Way to go, Melissa.!!!!

Nic pic, too. Lookin' good, girl.

love
chrissie
xxx
ps, apologies for all the typos in my last email. I was wrecked when I wrote it, and forgot to spell check it.

Caroline said...

If you went out looking like this picture how would she know? Wish I could look so cute once in a while.

Caroline xx

The Crossdresser's Girlfriend said...

I make Gia go out a lot.
I think it's wrong to live in fear of your true identity.
You're way too pretty.
Demand the same respect as any other girl!

Richelle said...

Way To Go, Melissa.

I find short trips like this are the best way to build up your confidence. I find its far too easy to play minds games with yourself and think that everyone is looking, or know it's the real you. I've found it to be the exact opposite, when I've been out most people either don't notice or just don't care. The hardest part is just stepping out of the house, but you'll find the more you do small errands like this, the easier it will be.

Richelle

alan said...

I'd go anywhere with the girl in that photo...though she'd probably have some Parkerish witticism about the company she'd found herself in!

alan

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely darling in that top. Now I want to see a picture of you in your new wig. I recently bought one too. Now I am going to apply for a job as a stand-in for Hannah Montana...lol.

You need to get out more! You're way to pretty to keep cooped up in the wilderness. Kinda reminds me of the old song "Wolverton Mountain." Hugs, Suzi