Saturday, April 17, 2010

Crying My Eyes Out To A Poignient Moment In A Chick Flick

I'm sitting here watching the schmaltzy 1984 film, Until September , starring Karen Allen, and Thierry Lhermitte, all about an all American girl, Mo, who misses her plane in Paris, carrying her tour group and her luggage, and meets a young Frenchman, Xavier, who first takes her for sport, but soon is overcome by their chemistry and falls for her. They go through the usual reticent movie courtship dance, and finally reach a point of irresistible attraction. What's not to cry about a movie like that? Especially when you see him hesitate and sheepishly retreat to his apartment, leaving her standing at her threshold next door, wondering what to do. Then in the very next scene, she is ringing his door bell, and when he answers, they leap into each other's embrace! I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it. When I saw that scene, the flood gates just opened!

Melissa XX

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I always feel slightly embarassed when that happens. Particularly as it once happened to me at 30000 feet above Hudson Bay in a Canada 3000 Airbus. Can't remember what the film was, can remember being surrounded by a load of bored Canadians.

Sage Fallon said...

It usually happens to me too during those dramatic movie scenes. I hold back a bit when other people are around, but if I'm watching something alone it can happen easily.

Anonymous said...

I have seen this film and loved it to.
I love films that get the emotions going.
x

Calie said...

LOL!!

I can't help but cry at movies. I remember that one, Melissa.

Calie xxx