Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Feel Tingly All Over!

No......I'm not under the influence of any illicit, or even licit substances. The tingle of which I speak, comes from a multitude of tiny little hairs being yanked out by the root, because today was epilation Thursday. Epilation Thursday, that sounds kind of like a religious holiday, doesn't it?

And the faithful gathered together each year, on Epilation Thursday, and one by one, they
reverently walked from the nave to the chancel, where they were disrobed and epilated, by the priest and his acolytes.

Hey! What are you laughing at? Stranger religious rituals than that exist! What about a bris? Fortunately, the poor little victim being subjected to that little bit of strangeness, is too young to remember it later on.

My epilation wasn't exactly a religious experience, and it certainly wasn't done by a priest, or his acolytes, but the tingle was invigorating, and it does always give me a sense of renewal, not to mention the joy of smooth hairless skin! And a mild tingle, is all it is now, even on the backs of my thighs, and my bum. I can remember when doing those areas, brought the sensation of siring heat to my skin, beads of sweat to my brow, and tears to my eyes. Not anymore! What I feel now, is more like the touch of hundreds of almost microscopic needles, dancing on my skin; not penetrating, but touching just enough to let you feel their sharpness. It's almost kind of enjoyable...........almost.

After discovering epilation for myself, and it's benefits over the blade, I am astounded, when I hear of girls still shaving their bodies with a razor. I've done that before, and while I got a few hours of smoothness after shaving, I also got stubble, and days of miserable prickly itching. I'll have no more of that, thank you!

Melissa XX

15 comments:

Caroline said...

Perhaps you have to start an order. get a world wide community to epilate simultaneously. since you live in the states you could probably get registered and get tax allowances. Have a TV programme...

Maybe not. It does feel good though doesn't it?

Caroline xxx

Melissa said...

@ Caroline

What a fantastic idea! I could begin and end each broadcast with a plea for tithes. Would you like to be my acolyte? We could get rich, wear gold Rolex watches and designer clothes, and ride around in luxury cars! ;-)

Melissa XX

Amy K. said...

Oh wow, that second paragraph almost had me falling off my chair laughing! So it wasn't LOL or ROFL, but... let's see... FOMCL. Yep, that's the newest one and you saw it here first, so remember it. :P

I've never epilated, but hey... someday. I'm glad it's working out for you. But I think that whenever I break down and buy one, I'll buy myself a gag too, so as not to have the neighbors calling the cops!

xoxoxo

Leslie Ann said...

I will happily join the priesthood of your order. I want to spread the story of the immaculate epilation.

Anonymous said...

Epilation evangelism??? whatever next....ecumnical exfoliation?

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Epilation evangelism??? whatever next....ecumnical exfoliation?

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it really bugs me when there is a long delay and I'm not sure if it has posted up or not, so I clicked again and....two of em!

I will chastise myself by saying twelve male Hairies. ;)

Caroline said...

We must register the church of the immaculate epilation before somebody else does!

If someone transgresses our rules they will not be epilated.

Which off shore banking system shall we use.

Caroline xxx

Melissa said...

@ Helen

LOL!

I"m wondering if there is a problem with the internet. I started having problems with my wireless connection last night, and then it went out altogether and I haven't been able to re-connect since then. I had to switch over to dial-up to get on this morning, and although dial-up is always very slow, it seems even slower than I remembered.

Melissa XX

Melissa said...

@ Caroline

We'll use the Cayman Islands banking system. No one will be able to touch us!

Per Deaconess Helen's inspiration, unrepentant transgressors will be exfoliated........with Scotch-Brite!

Melissa XX

alan said...

Shaking my head and smiling so hard my cheeks hurt...

alan

Unknown said...

Epilating for me is always a religious experience. Kind of like an exorcism, the really nasty type where the demons just do not want to come out of the body. But I have broken down and am giving it another try. I've made it halfway through one leg. In 3 days. I know, I am a wuss.

Melissa said...

@ Sophie

It's definitely torture when you first start doing it, but just keep plugging away at it! It gets better eventually, especially if you are on hormones. The worst thing you can do, is to start and then stop, and then go back to epilating again months later, because then it's just like starting all over again. Epilating hair that is just emerging out of it's dormant phase, is much less painful than hair that has been growing longer, and has become firmly rooted.

Melissa XX

Melissa said...

@ alan

I tried smiling hard the first time too alan, but my cheeks still hurt! ;-)

Unknown said...

lol, So just how long is eventually? I used my epilator regularly for close to a year on my legs and was still having that religious experience before I went back to shaving! I'm trying it again now since I don't mind letting the hair grow out a little in winter. Out you demons! Out!