Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Has A Singer Ever Made You Cry?

The late Luciano Pavarotti used to open up my flood gates, whenever I heard him sing. His voice was like that of an angel. It just pierced through my heart, whenever I heard him. Imagine a little 10 year old girl singing so far beyond her years, that she would bring tears to your eyes. Last night, while watching America's Got Talent, I saw and heard a little girl, who must have been taught to sing by angels, because she certainly sounds like one. If you haven't heard Jackie Evanko sing, please take a few moments of your time to watch this video. If you are anything like me, you will first be flabbergasted at the voice on this little girl, then quickly after, your heart will melt.


Melissa XX

5 comments:

Leslie Anne said...

I watched that last night!

She is totally amazing!

How can such a young girl have a voice that is sooooo big? I agree with Sharon's comment last night.

"Are you sure that was you and not a 30 year old singing in the background?"

Melissa said...

Tonight she was voted to advance in the competition, and Howie Mandell asked her to just sing a few notes, to prove that she wasn't lip syncing, and she did. She is amazing! Truly a prodigy!

Melissa XX

Stace said...

Wow... Just wow...

I just hope that who ever takes her under their wing looks after her and doesn't wear her voice out before it's finished developing.

Stace

Caroline said...

And with feeling! Wow.

Being literally tongue tied and now suffering from a vocal cord problem I am at the other end of the spectrum, good for scaring people though.

Anonymous said...

When I saw the title of this blog in by notification list, I thought "I've got to tell Melissa about Jackie." My jaw nearly hit the floor when that voice poured from her mouth. Unbelievable. I suspect we will be seeing much more of this charming young lady. Susan Boyle step aside.