Thursday, August 12, 2010

What Is Wrong With Blogger?

I just spent 30 minutes composing a heartfelt post, and when I hit the return key to finish the last sentence, absolutely everything I had written, just vanished into cyberspace! Thanks so much Blogger, for stealing my valuable time yet once gain, and treating my creativity like so many pigeon droppings!

Now that I've become upset and lost my train of thought, I dont know what I was posting about.

.........I think it had something to do with Gustav Mahler..............oh yes! Now I remember! It was about one of the insistent insects of the woods, trying desperately to gain access to my my little room. And there it is again!......flapping its wings, in a desperate attempt to come inside.

Could it be that like me, it too loves Mahler, and just wants to come in and sit next to me on the arm of my chair, and share in my joy with this most magnificent composer? Given the beauty of Mahler's Symphony #3 movments I-III, I can hardly blame the poor creature for wanting to come inside.

I remain skeptical however! What if it only wants to come in to annoy me, by flying in ever smaller circles around my torchère lamp, until it eventually succumbs to the heat of the bulb?...........or even worse..........wants to feed on my my blood? Considering that the woods surrounding me, are filled with all manner of little blood sucking carnivores, that is not an unrealistic consideration.

No......I think I would prefer that all insects stay outside, even if their only aim is to listen to Gustav Mahler with me. They will have to be content with what their little auditory receptors can pickup through the glass, while lighting on my window frame!

It's been about a month and a half now, since I broke the little toe on my left foot. I just took the adhesive tape binding it to the rest of my foot off yesterday, and it seems to be doing great! No pain at all! It still appears to be just a little bit fatter than the toe on the opposite foot, but my left foot has always been a little bit fatter than my right foot under normal circumstances anyway. That's odd, because my right hand is fatter than my left hand..........probably from years of handling tools in that hand, because I am right handed.

We are still battling insufferable heat here in central Virginia, but thanks to the new window unit that replace the one that crapped on me, it's been relatively comfortable inside. The forecast is calling for temperatures to finally dip back down into the upper 80's this weekend and next week, so maybe I can get out one morning if the humidity isn't too high, and cut the grass down by the pond again. It's been at least a month, if not longer since it was cool enough to cut it the last time.

This past month I wrote an essay that Calie asked me to write for T-Central, and apparently I upset the sensibilities of a few dear sisters with some of the things I said. It's so hard to be truthful about our individual feelings, without stepping on the toes of another sister and her unique journey. If I in anyway offended any of you with anything at all that I said, please be assured that it was in no way a reflection upon you as an individual, or the path you have chosen. We all have to follow the beat of our own drummer. I have nothing but the highest respect for all that you have gone through, or will go through. I love you all dearly!

With all my heart,
Melissa XX

18 comments:

Stace said...

To be honest I've had that many issues I now write my blogs in Word (helps me catch some of the spelling mistakes as well), copying it to Notepad to remove Words interesting formatting, and then pasting into my blog window. It's a bit round about, but at least when blogger does it's thing I still have the original.

It's the comments that get me, I do those directly in the window, which explains all of my spelling mistakes, and then you get an error on hitting preview...

With such a diverse group you always step on someones toes don't you? It's often been a worry of mine, but then if I didn't worry about that something else would only come and take it's place. I even worry about having nothing to worry about when it sometimes happens - you wonder if it's going so great what is going to crap out on me and ruin it...

I'd say I need to see a therapist - but I already have one :)

Stace

Angel said...

Like Stace, I compose my blogs offline in Word, and then do the cut & paste thing when they're ready to post. I learned that back in the days of Yahoo 360, after losing what I had typed several times.

Rachel said...

Me too! Although I use Microsoft OneNote. Mind you I spend far too much time going back over my own posts, reading them and correcting them ;-)

I love Mahler too. It's the Proms on at the moment. Last Thursday we had the World Orchestra For Peace perform Mahler Symphony No. 4 followed by Mahler Symphony No. 5.

Rachel XX

Caroline said...

I compose mine in mac's pages so that I can make it half intelligible and write it in the font and colours which drive some of my readers crazy. If I proof read them they would perhaps make more sense.

If a comment fills the box I copy it before pushing it out into the world, got caught early with some playing hide and seek and was going demented trying to remember what I had written.

The insect is probably a depressed fan of "Death in Venice" and wants to burn up to the strains of Mahler. The bugs driving us mad just now are microscopic mites which live on almost invisible red spiders, they itch like !******** and come up in hard bumps, just thinking about the garden and you have them all over but they especially love juicy crevices and the tight space under knicker elastic!

Now I shall just copy this, cmd+A, cmd+C all gone pink, nice now to send it into the world.

Caroline xxx

Melissa said...

@ Rachel

As I read your response, Mahler's 5th is playing on my CD player! What a wonderful composer he was!

Melissa XX

Melissa said...

@ Angel

It's so nice to hear from you again, sweetie! It's been so long! I have missed you! Please, don't be such a stranger! I love to hear your comments, no matter what you have to say! Thanks for leaving a comment dear.

Melissa XX

Melissa said...

@ Stace

You are just the sweetest! Honestly!

Melissa XX

Melissa said...

@ Rachel

Why does it not surprise me, that you like Mahler too? Obviously, you have impeccable taste!

Very much love,
Melissa XX

Rachel said...

... and Beethoven and Mendelson and Bach and Elgar and Vaughan Williams ... :-)

Rachel XXX

Melissa said...

Re: I compose mine in mac's pages so that I can make it half intelligible and write it in the font and colours which drive some of my readers crazy. If I proof read them they would perhaps make more sense.

..........Sometimes I wonder if my BGFF, might be slightly demented?';-) In any case, I just love her so!

Melissa XOXO

Melissa said...

Re:

... and Beethoven and Mendelson and Bach and Elgar and Vaughan Williams ... :-)

Rachel XXX


But, of course! :-)

Melissa XOXO

Angel said...

Melissa, Rachel... I love your taste in music!

Lucy Melford said...

Now will this too disappear into the Blogger oubliette...ah, apparently not!

Calie seems to be working through all the major players in the blogging community. I think she is picking those with a well-defined story to tell, or a point of view of wide general interest. That seems to let me off the hook!

The risk of upsetting someone in our community is certainly there. I've already drawn comments that I'm 'not a feminist', and amazement/rebukes that I don't refer to myself as 'real woman' (not just from bloggers, that second item). You definitely can't please everyone all the time!

Lucy

Véro B said...

I almost always write in Notepad, copy to the Blogger New Post window, and do formatting there. It's not so much fear of losing a post, although that's possible, as the fact that I might take a bit of time to compose the entry, so I'd rather be offline to do that.

As for your T-Central piece, I didn't want to take issue with you there. You are such a lovely person, and I figured it was your forum to write what you felt. There's too much fighting about labels and such already.

Kay & Sarah said...

Melissa, I have been singing as part of the Symphony Chorus community singer along with the University Concert Choir. This year our new conductor has scheduled Mozart's C-minor Mass and Mahler's 2nd Symphony for orchestra and Choir. The choir master is requiring placement hearings this year so that they can strive for artistic excellence. Also The Choral Director has been invited to conduct Faure' Requiem in Lincoln Center, NYC which will be an awesome experience. I will blog

I am definitely with you in your choice of Composers, my is Johannes Brahams

Caroline said...

Which requiem? The first early version is so light and flowery and I loved it for years but the later rewrite has a richer more velvety feel to it but few seem to play this one.

New me rarely plays any of my collection of requiems!

Caroline xxx

Jenny said...

I received the impression from Calie that she was seeking the thought-provoking and challenging. It would have been too easy to pen a stream of platitudes but that wouldn't have fulfilled the brief and certainly wouldn't have made good reading. So don't worry if what you said ruffled any feathers, it was you saying honestly what you had to say and it wasn't with malicious intent. (deep breath...)

I use a minority browser and have few issues with Blogger. Try Google Chrome.

Calie said...

Melissa, it was a beautiful post and I thank you for writing it.

Oh, and Jenny, you are correct!

@Lucy - I've got you on my list, sister....better get your keyboard ready to write!

Melissa, sweetie, I honestly rather expected something like that from you. You have spunk, and I love spunk. That's why I asked you to write. Hardly anything will ever offend me.

Calie xxx