Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thinking About Him Tonight. Was There Anyone Better?

Tonight I've been listening to CD's of Marvin Gaye. I've always loved his music, especially his stuff from the late sixties until his tragic and untimely death, but that's not to say that I didn't like his earlier stuff with Kim Weston, and Tami Terrell. Marvin Gaye, along with Smokey Robinson, epitomized the later Mowtown Sound, and both artists, along with the more progressive and psychedelic rockers, provided me with a groovy and familiar soundtrack, that comforted me forty years ago, when I was stationed so far away from home in Long Binh. Oh yes, the lengths we would go to, to try and prove we were men!

This came quite a few years later. In fact I had been home for over a decade when it was released, but how can you listen to this number, and not think he was just the coolest? Sorry for the poor video quality, but his voice is as sweet as ever!


Melissa XX

No comments: