Sunday, November 21, 2010

TDOR Revisited

The annual Transgender Day Of Remembrance has past, but that doen't mean we have to stop thinking about the victims of trans related violence. Indeed, we should never stop thinking of them. I apologize to Amy for lifting this from her blog, but everyone needs to see it:


Roy Antonio Jones III

Location: Southampton, NY

Cause of Death: Punched repeatedly and grabbed by the neck

Date of Death: August 1, 2010

Roy was 16 Months old.

Note: 20 year old Pedro Jones told police he had struck the infant several times with a closed fist. Jones said he was “trying to make him act like a boy instead of a little girl."

God love that dear sweet little child! The poor baby never never had a chance.


There is something radically wrong with our culture, when a 20 year old male feels compelled to beat a toddler to death with his closed fist, because he doesn't think the innocent babe is acting manly enough! I can think of few things sicker, than expecting a 16 month old child, who hasn't even realized itself, whether it is male, or female, to act like a male! I had this very same trouble with my own mother, when I was growing up, and although she could indeed be quite violent, and often was, at least she wasn't murderous. Still, she expected me to be a miniature version of a mature adult male, as early as three years old. In my very first blog post, An Assault On Innocence, I chronicled how violently my mother reacted, when I came home one afternoon, joyously sporting bright red fingernails, after spending a day with two very sweet teenage female baby sitters.


When are we going to get smart, and stop projecting our gender ideas on others, especially on innocent babes, when lives can be destroyed before they ever begin?


God love everyone who has ever been a victim of violence based on their gender identity, or sexual orientation, but especially all of the innocent children, who suffered at the hands of spoiled, selfish, and immature adults, who knew in their hearts, that they were wrong to visit such horror on innocent little babes.


With a tear in my eye, I bid love to you all,

Melissa XX

7 comments:

Angel said...

Of all of those on the list, this little boy was the one whose story truly touched my heart. He was only 16 months old! At that age, how does one act like a boy or a girl??? The answer is that we don't act like either... we act like babies, because at that age, that's exactly what we are!

Melissa said...

@ Angel

You understand, and that's why you are indeed an Angel!

Thanks, sweetie,
Melissa XOXO

Anonymous said...

My heart also cries out for those that are denied the chance to be either sex...sucked out then tossed out like garbage.

For those that have not heard of, or read it, I recommend reading Cammie's Song on Blogspot. I know some of you are familiar with the situation. It shows how a loving parent would and should react to a TG child.

Amy K. said...

Melissa, that's okay that you "lifted" that entry from my blog, especially seeing as how I lifted it from www.transgenderdor.org.

Too sad. My heart weeps for that poor child, and so many others as well.

Suzi, good call! I love Cammie's Song. Here's the url for easy reference, for any who may be reading:

http://cameronsong.blogspot.com/

lisalee18wheeler said...

@Melissa and Angel

Maybe that's the point. This was a toddler. There's no concept of gender. It's too early in development. This poor child died a victim of a very violent crime, and nothing more.

Take the red pill...

Lisalee :-)

Amy K. said...

Lisalee, what is the "red pill?"

Melissa said...

@ lisalee18wheeler

The child may have had no concept of gender, but his life was snuffed out because he didn't meet the unrealistic gender expectations of his murderer.

Melissa